Saturday, October 1, 2011

The Defense of Jisr Al-Doreaa

The Defense of Jisr al-Doreaa: With E. D. Swinton's The Defense of Jisr al-Doreaa: With E. D. Swinton's "The Defence of Duffer's Drift" by Michael L. Burgoyne

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I stumbled across this book while looking to replace my copy of Swinton's The Defence of Duffer's Drift which I appeared to have misplaced over the years. The Defense of Jisr Al-Doreaa is very similar to Swinton's work, but set in the modern counter-insurgency setting of Iraq. The 2nd half of the book contains Swinton's work. Both are a joy to read, and impart good tactical lessons.



Now to read McDonough's The Defense of Hill 781 which is similar, but set at the National Training Center in California.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment