Monday, July 4, 2011

Farnborough FC

Well we have made it to the end of September and are in 1st place in Blue Square South. We had a run of 6 unbeaten games, but that was brought to an end by the team that is turning into our nemesis, Basingstoke.

Basingstoke is the only team to notch a win against us in the league so far, and they just knocked us out of the FA Cup in the 3rd qualifying round. Both times with a score of 1-0.

The club is losing money, and I am over budget on salaries by about $500 a week. I tried to go the route of mutual termination with a couple of different players to free up the money, but they refused and now I have 2 upset midfielders on my team. Releasing them on a free would cost me as much as keeping them on the team, so I might as well keep the bodies around. I have given one of them some playing time since then to try and cheer him up.

We have had some injuries, but no crisis other than 2 out of 3 goal keepers being injured at one time. Luckily our local youth talent GK did an adequate job in goal while our starter recovered from a cut to his hand.

1st place will guarantee us promotion, while finishing 2nd-5th gets us into a tournament to fight for the other promotion spot. We have only gotten through about 1/4 of the season so far, so a lot can change between now and the end of the season, but it looks like we will at least achieve the board's goal of a mid-table finish.

The fans seem to be happy with 2 of the 3 players I signed and are happy with our results so far, so I shouldn't have to worry about losing my job this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment