Sunday, January 2, 2011

Towers of Midnight


Friday night I finished reading the latest book in the Wheel of Time series. This series started in 1990 and is still going strong. I started reading it when introduced to it by a friend in 1999. Towers of Midnight is the 2nd to last book in this series (unless Sanderson can’t fit everything in to one last volume). This is Brandon Sanderson’s second title within the series and he has done a decent job of taking over for Robert Jordan. It seems like to work they did together prior to Jordan passing away really paid off.
A lot of things are starting to come together, but I still have a hard time seeing how they will be able to wrap everything up in one last book. I think some of it will seem hurried as they try to wrap up the rest of the plots in under 900 pages. That being said I have enjoyed the series as a whole, and this entry is no exception. Probably my only complaint would be the interweaving of plots with disregard to their chronological order. I think some of this has to do with the final 3 books originally being worked on by Robert Jordan as 1 volume. There are a couple of plots involving Tam al’Thor there are interweaved together in the book which leaves you wondering what is going on with him until he abruptly leaves in one of them to apparently head towards the start of the other which I think the beginning occurred in the previous book.

Books read this year: 1

No comments:

Post a Comment