Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Finally made it to KPAE

I finally was able to finish my flight from Medford, Oregon to Everett, Washington for FSEconomy last night. I used the accelerated simulation rate to get me back up to the Seattle area, and then finished flying the rest at regular sim rate. It was a rather uneventful flight, but there were a few pockets of air that threw me around, which is entertaining when simming at 4x. The only scary part was a pocket of air that I ran into on my final approach into KPAE. Luckily it wasn’t that bad and I was able to get through it and land all 5 passengers safely on the ground. I have been doing better with leaning the mixture, and changing the prop to get better performance out of the plane.

Now I need to figure out my next step. My flying partner is up in British Columbia, and I will need to look for jobs at nearby FBOs heading in that direction. We are getting close to our destination of Alaska though. I’m still very impressed with the way FSX looks with the addons, and surprised that it is performing as well as it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment